Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday, June 15, 2009

Hi Everyone,
First of all I have to say thanks to everyone who has left messages on my blog. You have all said such nice things and you know it really does encourage me to keep posting! So keep them coming please. Only 3 more days until I will draw (or my daughter will) for the God's Beauty Stamp Set. You may leave more than one comment. For each comment you will get your name in the hat. For those who have to leave their comments as annonymous - please put your name and email in the comment so I will be able to contact you. Or, if you don't want your email address on the site, just leave you name but check back Thursday or Friday to see if you won and contact me.
Many of you ask how my hand is doing and I thank all of you for your concern. I got all my stitches out but it is still immobilized in a splint. My thumb joint was so badly damaged from arthritis that much of the joint was gone. Because of that, it can't possibly be done again so I have to be extra careful not to dislocate it before it heals. But it is coming along well, no more pain pills so I almost always know what I'm doing. (LOL - as much as normal anyway) Ok, I have a card to share tonight that I made using the Big Shot and the Flower Daisie #2 die. I cannot however, take credit for the design. I CASED this from a fellow demonstrator and when I went back to find her name I couldn't find the card again. So if this is your design, please let me know so I can give you credit and thanks for sharing.
I love this die. I think this is a great card for something that was so easy. The base of the card is Chocolate Chip cut 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. Then I cut Summer Sun 10 x 3 3/4 and folded in half and attached to the Chocolate Chip. The Flower is cut with Summer Sun and put together using a build a brad with a piece of DSP in Chocolate Chip. I used a piece of Double Stitched Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon acrossed a piece of Whisper White cut 4 3/4 x 3 1/2 with the Flower above it. That's it. I hope you enjoy it. Be sure to check back tomorrow for the next installment and maybe another sneak peak!!
Happy Stamping

7 comments:

ThreadCatcher said...

I'm happy to hear you are healing from your surgery. Just be extra careful now that you are off the pain pills and feeling better. Way to easy to overdo and that would not be a good thing for your thumb. Glad you were able to put a card together, that has to help! jmniffer

Donna said...

Beautiful card, Jan! It's amazing that you can create with a splint on your hand. You must be very determined. I hope the healing process goes well for you and your back to creating lovely things very soon!

Vivi Casale said...

Hi Jan,
Nice card you are showing us today!
Just be careful Sweetie as you are in the process of healing and is not taking pills anymore...
It would be a terrible to have to stop making cards!!
Oh thanks for the candy, this is very kind of you!!
Hugs
Vivi

tonilea said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. You made some lovely cards in spite of your injury. I did not see anything about blog candy in this post but if there is a chance at winning God's Beauty I sure do want to chime in. I love that butterfly!
hugs
tonilea snead

Anonymous said...

Jan, You really do nice work on your cards. I am off for the summer from my job (special ed. resource aide) and am looking forward to more "play time" with all my stampin' stuff!! You have inspired me!!
~nancy
javamama47@comcast.net

Lillian said...

Good for you, Jan, another posting on your blog -- you'll get the regular hang of it soon. Lovely card -- makes you think of sunshine, even though we don't see it EVERY day. Extra kudos for you for working with a handicap, too!
I'm sure we'll all be on the lookout for your blog candy -- does that include some chocolate???
Hugs, Lillian

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card Jan! I'm loving that Daisies #2 die. I recently got it, but haven't done anything with it yet. I have to make Father's Day cards today, but tomorrow...I now have a plan:)