Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday April 22, 2009

Hi Everyone,
What a beautiful spring day today. Not very warm but the sun is shining and they are predicting temperatures in the 70's this weekend. It has been a really long winter here in Northern Michigan. Spring is a very welcome site. Today I did my second class. I think it went well. Todays class was a heat embossing class. We did 4 different types of heat embossing. We did regular heat embossing, emerging color, and Joseph's Coat. Here are the cards:





I think everyone enjoyed the designs and the techniques. I so enjoyed giving the class. Next Tuesday evening is a repeat of last weeks All Occasion cards and on Thursday an Open Stamp to use all my stamps, inks and paper to creat cards for our men & women in the armed forces.
The last card in todays post is the technique Joseph's Coat. I have admired this technique for quite a while but was afraid to try it. It really isn't too difficult and I love the way it came out. You brayer on glossy white card stock with a spectrum pad. After that dries, use your embossing buddy and cover the card stock. Take any outline stamp and stamp all over your card stock with versamark and then cover with clear embossing powder. Then heat it with the embossing gun. Then brayer over your entire card with a dark classic ink such as black. Then with a paper towel wipe off the excess ink. Isn't it a great look. If anyone would like directions for any of the rest of the cards, please email me and I'll be happy to send you the directions. Thanks for looking. I appreciate all comments.
Happy Stamping!

No comments: