Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hi Everyone,
I am so sorry I didn't make my post yesterday. I spent most of the day preparing for my evening class and when the class was over I was just exhausted! You know that say "getting old isn't for sissies"? Well it certainly isn't! Don't get me wrong, I'm not old by any stretch, I just feel it! Anyway, I am glad to be back. I want to share a couple cards I did for yesterday's class. I have to say right up front that these cards are totally CASE'd. Case'd is stampers lingo for copied. Maybe with changes, maybe not. The first card I cased from Jane Baldwin (Thank you Jane) In this case I made a few changes but it is still definitely Jane's design. Here is my version My card has a pink pirouette cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" folded. I then took baja blue and cut a piece 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" which was then punched with our scalloped border punch on two sides. I stamped the the blue with stamp set with baja blue ink. I then cut a strip of pretty in pink strip 5 1/2" x 1" and stamped the sentiment from God's Beauty and punched the end with the scalloped punch again. I stamped on white cards stock the flower from God's Beauty three times with pretty in pink and cut them out. I attached those to the pink strip. That's it. My second card was cased from Maria Pobre (thank you Maria) The only thing I changed here was the ribbon. Again this card base is Pink pirouette. This time cut 4 1/4" x 11 1/2" with a top fold. Our two square punches are used. The large one was used to cut 4 squares with Kiwi Kiss. Then the small square punch was used to punch 4 squares. Two were rose red card stock and two were Raspberry Tart DSP. The butterfly is and sentiment are from the Friends set in our Occasions Mini (love this set)the butterfly and sentiment are stamped in Kiwi Kiss. The butterfly was cut out and attached with a dimensional. The antenna and the little dashed were added with our black marker. The ribbon is our satin Kiwi Kiss. Thanks again to my fellow Stampin' Up demonstrators for their great ideas. I hope you have enjoyed these cards! Check back tomorrow for some more cards.
Happy Stamping!!

No comments: